Plantronics has been in the headset game for a long time, and not just with Bluetooth headsets. The company has quite a burgeoning business with office and enterprise products too. These include itsseries from a couple years ago, and the more recent system, which works with landline and VoIP connections. Plantronics recently released an improved version of the Savi headset called the Savi 440, or W440-M. It has essentially the same features as before, but in an updated design.
Note that the Plantronics Savi W440-M is not a Bluetooth headset–it is a wireless headset for use with DECT 6.0 technology. Plantronics provides a DECT USB adapter for use with a PC. The Savi W440-M retails for $279.99, which sounds pricey, but it’s on par with other enterprise-level products.
- Lightest DECT wireless convertible headset with noise cancelling mic to filter out background noise
- Multitask handsfree up to 300 feet from base
- Hot swappable battery for unlimited talk time
- One-touch call answer/end volume +/- mute and flash with supported softphones
- Voice dedicated DECT technology eliminates W-Fi interference