Welcome to a new ongoing series of posts called “This Week in Tech”. The idea of this series is to bring you some of the most interesting stories from around the technology world each Friday. Stories will include feature articles on news from the tech industry. The series will also highlight cool new inventions, apps, and startups we discover each week. We hope bringing this series to you each Friday will help keep you informed while also giving you some more lighthearted reads for the end of your work week.
1. Apple is already talking about its plans for a self-driving car with DMV officials in California – Looks like Apple has big plans for the car world.
2. Google has hired engineers from Amazon to work on a new wearable tech initiative called “Project Aura.” The project is focused on Google Glass, as well as other wearable devices.
3. Snapchat will now let users pay $.99 to replay snaps. It also added a “lens” feature which animates selfies.
4. Spotify’s secret ‘concerts’ feature suggests it may be about to start selling tickets. Spotify has already experimented with pushing pre-sale tickets to the biggest fans of certain artists.
5. Verizon will offer roaming in Cuba. Visitors previously had to purchase a pay-as-you-go phone to make calls in the country.