Welcome to a new ongoing series of posts called “This Week in Tech”. The idea of this series is to bring you some of the most interesting stories from around the technology world each Friday. Stories will include feature articles on news from the tech industry. The series will also highlight cool new inventions, apps, and startups we discover each week. We hope bringing this series to you each Friday will help keep you informed while also giving you some more lighthearted reads for the end of your work week.
1. Here’s Everything Microsoft Showed At Its Headquarters Presentation – Microsoft gathered a bunch of reporters together in its Redmond, Washington, headquarters Wednesday to show off Windows 10, and announce a bunch of other cool stuff like HoloLens.
2. SpaceX Just Raised $1 Billion And Google And Fidelity Will Now Own 10% Of The Company – The two new investors will now own just less than 10% of the company. SpaceX had previously raised $245.5 million in funding, according to CrunchBase, meaning this new round is more than four times bigger than all its other rounds combined. So, we should be on Mars in no time!
3. Microsoft Is Working On A Smart Heated Scarf That You Can Control With Your Phone – The company has developed a prototype of a smart scarf that can you can command to heat up or vibrate from your phone.
4. GoPro Teams Up With The NHL To Bring Action Cams To Live Hockey Broadcasts – GoPro is partnering with the NHL and NHLPA to incorporate GoPro footage into live broadcasts of professional hockey games. The team-up marks the first time GoPro is partnering directly with a major pro sports league.
5. BOX makes their IPO debut today – Box has priced its IPO at $14 per share, which values Box at approximately $1.67 billion.